League leaders Chelsea welcome a shambolic Manchester United to Stamford Bridge on Sunday. Michael Carrick will lead United as interim manager after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was sacked for a string of poor results. A victory for the home side would see Chelsea create a 15-point buffer over the Red Devils.
Chelsea vs Manchester United Betting Odds
|Chelsea||1.60 / -165|
|Manchester United||5.80 / +480|
|Draw||4.20 / +320|
|Time||4:30 PM GMT, Sunday November 28 2021|
|Weather at Kickoff||3oC, Mostly Cloudy, Wind 10.2 MPH|
Chelsea vs Manchester United Recent Form
Table toppers Chelsea have been undefeated in the Premier League since their September loss to Manchester City. Manchester United travel to London after getting hammered 4-1 at Watford and sacking manager and club legend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Both clubs featured in mid-week Champions League matches. Manchester United advanced to the final 16 with a 2-0 away triumph over Villarreal and Chelsea thumped Juventus 4-0.
Manchester United: LLWLL
Chelsea vs Manchester United Head to Head
February 28, 2021: Chelsea 0-0 Manchester United (Premier League)
October 24, 2021: Manchester United 0-0 Chelsea (Premier League)
July 19, 2020: Manchester United 1-3 Chelsea (FA Cup)
February 17, 2020: Chelsea 0-2 Manchester United (Premier League)
Chelsea vs Manchester United Betting Trends
- Manchester United have not lost to Chelsea in their previous seven Premier League meetings
- Chelsea have failed to score in their last four Premier League matches against Manchester United
- Chelsea have scored 30 Premier League goals off of 25.37 xG and allowed only four goals off of 11.35 xG
- Edouard Mendy has a Premier League best post-shot expected goal +/- of +3.2 for Chelsea
- Manchester United have conceded more goals than Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City combined
- Only Norwich and Newcastle have conceded more goals than Manchester United this season
- In the four occasions that Chelsea hosted Manchester United as Premier League leaders, they have won three times
Chelsea vs Manchester United Injury News
Doubtful: Ben Chilwell, Kai Havertz, Mateo Kovacic, N’Golo Kante
Manchester United Injuries
Unavailable: Paul Pogba
Doubtful: Luka Shaw, Edinson Cavani, Mason Greenwood, Raphael Varane
Chelsea vs Manchester United Betting Predictions
Over 2.75 Goals: 2.00 / +100
Manchester United have been terrible in the back half this season. Their leaky defense has been exposed on multiple occasions. Over their last five Premier League games, an average of 4.2 goals have been scored every 90 minutes. They were lucky to keep a clean sheet against Villarreal so expect this match to hit over 2.75 goals.
Chelsea Win: 1.60 / -165
Michael Carrick got off to a good start in the Champions League but he’s got a much tougher task ahead of him in London. Chelsea are in incredible form and have great momentum having won nine of their last 10 outings. Chelsea should get the job done at home against a struggling United side.