UFC middleweight Eryk Anders is feeling confident.
So much that “Ya Boi” thinks he can “sprawl and brawl” Andre Muniz en route to a performance bonus at UFC 269.
I am “definitely looking to sprawl and brawl,” Anders told The AllStar’s John Hyon Ko ahead of his fight on Dec.11. Understanding what Muniz brings to the table and what he plans on doing to get the win, Anders said “That’s no secret, you watch him on film, you watch him on tape… I like to keep it on the feet, keep him standing and let the hands go a little bit. He’ll be looking to do the exact opposite.”
Anders was only confirmed to face Muniz earlier this month to replace an injured Dricus Du Plessis. Their fight is one of the preliminary bouts under the UFC 269 main card that features Charles Oliveira defending his lightweight title against Dustin Poirier.
Speaking of his fight, Anders said: “This is a classic striker versus grappler match and whoever can implement their game plan better is the guy who is going to come out with their hand up. I have the utmost confidence in my ability to do so and go out and try to collect that performance of the night bonus.”
Anders also spoke to The AllStar about:
- Contracting COVID
- Light work with Jon Jones
- Eddie Cha
- Training camp at Fight Ready
- PTSD among fighters
Watch this video and more on The AllStar YouTube channel.
“Ya Boi” Eryk Anders is a 34 year old male fighter from United States with 14 pro wins and 5 losses. Anders is scheduled to fight André Muniz at UFC 269: Oliveira vs. Poirier on Saturday December 11, 2021.
Anders’s recent form coming into this matchup
Eryk Anders has gone 3-1 in the last 5 professional MMA fights.
- Win vs Darren Stewart • Decision R3 5:00 • 2021-06-12
- No Contest vs Darren Stewart • KO/TKO R1 4:37 • 2021-03-13
- Loss vs Krzysztof Jotko • Decision R3 5:00 • 2020-05-16
- Win vs Gerald Meerschaert • Decision R3 5:00 • 2019-10-12
- Win vs Vinicius Moreira • KO/TKO R1 1:18 • 2019-06-29
Eryk Anders’s next opponent: André “Sergipano” Muniz
André “Sergipano” Muniz’s recent form coming into this matchup
André “Sergipano” Muniz is a 31 year old male fighter from Brazil with 21 pro wins and 4 losses. Muniz is scheduled to fight Eryk Anders at UFC 269: Oliveira vs. Poirier on Saturday December 11, 2021.
André Muniz has gone 5-0 in the last 5 professional MMA fights.
- Win vs Ronaldo Souza • Submission R1 3:59 • 2021-05-15
- Win vs Bartosz Fabiński • Submission R1 2:42 • 2020-09-05
- Win vs Antônio Arroyo • Decision R3 5:00 • 2019-11-16
- Win vs Taylor Johnson • Submission R1 1:46 • 2019-08-06
- Win vs Bruno Assis • Decision R3 5:00 • 2018-08-11
How to watch and bet on Eryk Anders vs André Muniz
Keep track of all the latest odds and line-movements at our bout page for this matchup.
Use the AllStar’s directory to find the best sportsbooks and recommendations on where to place UFC bets online. If you just want to play for fun, head over to our Fantasy UFC picks app to make your fight predictions for Eryk Anders vs André Muniz totally FREE.