Group B winners odds point to England advancing comfortably on top.
Also in the group, the USA, Wales and rank-outsiders Iran. After a win in Scotland, Ukraine’s dreams were dashed in Cardiff as Wales took the final spot in Group B. We take a look at the Group B winners odds and those for the two opening group stage matches.
Group B Winners Odds: England favored
Placed second-favorite behind Brazil for the tournament, it would seem the weight of expectation again lies squarely on English shoulders. Four years ago, England had a mighty run which, many would argue, over-delivered – finishing with a loss to Croatia in the semi-finals. This year, Gareth Southgate’s men will be looking to go further, led by talismanic striker Harry Kane – who just happens to be the favorite for the Golden Boot.
- Best odds on England: Cloudbet.
- Best odds on USA: Cloudbet.
- Interesting to note that Bodog and Bovada have the US and Wales on par at +550, while a number of books treat the US as a better side than Wales. Is there value to be had there?
Group B Opening Matches
England vs Iran
When FIFA world-ranked #14 USA meets #5 England on November 25, it is expected to be the most-watched soccer match ever in the US – a country in which the sport’s popularity is growing larger by the day.
But before we get there, England take on #23 Iran on the first day of play. This is the minnow versus the favorite – and the odds reflect this in no uncertain terms.
An upset here could win you 8x or 9x your initial stake.
- Best odds on England: Bovada / Bodog
- Best odds on Iran: Cloudbet
- Best odds on Draw: Cloudbet
USA vs Wales
The USA have had to wait to see who they will meet in their tournament opener. But now we know it is #19 Wales, who grabbed the last qualifying spot with a win over Ukraine.
There is very little between these two, especially if the bookies are to be believed – none of our recommended sportsbooks are even offering favorite odds at a minus number.
- Best odds on USA: Cloudbet
- Best odds on Wales: Stake
- Best odds on a Draw: SportsBetting, Stake
- Read USA vs England FIFA World Cup 2022 – Preview, Analysis
- Read our deeper dive into USMNT’s chances: USMNT World Cup: How Far Can USA Go?