Group B winners odds point to England advancing comfortably on top.
Also in the group, the USA, Wales and rank-outsiders Iran. After a win in Scotland, Ukraine’s dreams were dashed in Cardiff as Wales took the final spot in Group B. We take a look at the Group B winners odds and those for the two opening group stage matches.
Group B Winners Odds: England favored
Placed second-favorite behind Brazil for the tournament, it would seem the weight of expectation again lies squarely on English shoulders. Four years ago, England had a mighty run which, many would argue, over-delivered – finishing with a loss to Croatia in the semi-finals. This year, Gareth Southgate’s men will be looking to go further, led by talismanic striker Harry Kane – who just happens to be the favorite for the Golden Boot.
- Best odds on England: Cloudbet.
- Best odds on USA: Cloudbet.
- Interesting to note that Bodog and Bovada have the US and Wales on par at +550, while a number of books treat the US as a better side than Wales. Is there value to be had there?
Download The AllStar App
Check the odds on upcoming matches with The AllStar’s odds comparison tool.
Available for download at both the App Store and Google Play.
Get all your World Cup news sent directly to your phone – free.
Group B Opening Matches
England vs Iran
When FIFA world-ranked #14 USA meets #5 England on November 25, it is expected to be the most-watched soccer match ever in the US – a country in which the sport’s popularity is growing larger by the day.
But before we get there, England take on #23 Iran on the first day of play. This is the minnow versus the favorite – and the odds reflect this in no uncertain terms.
An upset here could win you 8x or 9x your initial stake.
- Best odds on England: Bovada / Bodog
- Best odds on Iran: Cloudbet
- Best odds on Draw: Cloudbet
USA vs Wales
The USA have had to wait to see who they will meet in their tournament opener. But now we know it is #19 Wales, who grabbed the last qualifying spot with a win over Ukraine.
There is very little between these two, especially if the bookies are to be believed – none of our recommended sportsbooks are even offering favorite odds at a minus number.
- Best odds on USA: Cloudbet
- Best odds on Wales: Stake
- Best odds on a Draw: SportsBetting, Stake
- Read USA vs England FIFA World Cup 2022 – Preview, Analysis
- Read our deeper dive into USMNT’s chances: USMNT World Cup: How Far Can USA Go?
New to sports betting? Our Betting Education articles can get you get up to speed. If you’re looking for an online place to bet, read our Sportsbook Reviews first.