Group H winners odds suggest it’s Portugal and Uruguay going through. Although he’s said he’ll decide when he’s ready to walk away, this will likely be CR7’s World Cup swan song.
Group H Winners Odds: Cristiano’s Swan Song?
Cristiano Ronaldo will be desperate to lead FIFA world-ranked #9 Portugal (down one spot in the June update) on a good showing, though it won’t be an easy task from the outset.
Uruguay (#13) will be looking to redeem themselves after a disappointing quarter-final exit from the Copa America; South Korea (#28; up one), led by Tottenham hero Son Heung-min, will want to build on their giant-slaying reputation (having beaten Germany in 2018).
Ghana (#60) have a point to prove after an underwhelming Africa Cup of Nations.
|BetOnline||-160||+190||Ghana +900||South Korea +1300|
Group H Opening Matches
Uruguay vs South Korea
Group H action starts with Uruguay taking on South Korea in what could turn out to be a crucial opener for both teams in terms of automatic qualification to the knock out rounds. That said, the Latin American team starts as a pretty heavy favorite over the Asian team.
- Best odds on Uruguay: SportsBetting
- Best odds on South Korea: Cloudbet
- Best odds on a Draw: Stake
Portugal vs Ghana
The second group opener looks set to be a bit more one-sided as Portugal open against Ghana – unsurprisingly, as heavy favorites.
- Best odds on Portugal: Stake
- Best odds on Ghana: Cloudbet
- Best odds on Draw: Cloudbet
- Read our in-depth preview: Portugal vs Uruguay FIFA World Cup 2022 – Preview, Analysis
- Read also: African Teams in World Cup 2022 – Who Might Advance?