Bantamweight prospect Mando Gutierrez is aiming to finish his next opponent Chaka Worthy by technical knockout in the second round.
Gutierrez and Worthy face off on Dec. 10 at XFC Young Guns 4. In an interview with The AllStar’s John Hyon Ko, Gutierrez gave credit to his rival’s striking abilities but is aiming nevertheless for the finish.
“Obviously he has good standup,” the 24-year-old Mexican-American said. “He finishes a lot of the fights on the feet. Pretty complete guy but I think I’m gonna outclass him. As much respect I have for him for taking the fight, I gotta just use this to skyrocket to the next level.”
“El Toro” flagged his intention to apply constant pressure on Worthy.
“He fights tough guys,” Gutierrez said. “He puts on good performances so I know it’s going to take a little bit longer. I’m gonna have to cook a little deeper. I’m gonna cook him to the bone and then do what I gotta do. But I think it’s going to take a little longer, second round. I predict a second round TKO. I’m just gonna get on top of him. And my wrestling and my pressure is gonna be too much for him.”
“El Toro” also spoke to The AllStar about:
- Digging out of his first loss
- Being angered by opponent’s botched weight cut
Mando “El Toro” Gutierrez is a 24 year old male fighter from Mexico with 5 pro wins and 1 loss. He is scheduled to fight Chaka Worthy at XFC YoungGuns 4 on Friday December 10, 2021.
Gutierrez’s recent form coming into this matchup
- Win vs William Elliott • Submission R1 4:55 • 2021-04-30
- Loss vs Mo Miller • Submission R2 4:26 • 2020-09-04
- Win vs Jeff Jepsen • Submission R1 1:57 • 2020-07-24
- Win vs Adam Kehr • Submission R1 1:58 • 2020-02-08
- Win vs Kevin O. Walker Jr. • Submission R1 1:26 • 2019-11-16