Former UFC middleweight contender Mike Swick breaks down Dustin Poirier versus Charles Oliveira for the lightweight title at UFC 269.
Swick on the mental edge of being champion:
“I think Oliveira is doing the best he has ever done. He looks fantastic. He’s the champion so he’s got that momentum. I think when you become a champion and you have that belt, your level rises. We’ve seen it countless times where fighters are really good but when they win the belt like Jon Jones especially. He was good. He fought Stephan Bonnar, fought a bunch of guys, Matt Hamill. But when he won the belt his level just increased cause your confidence. It’s mental. So Oliveira has that mental kinda…he’s the champ now.”
Watch this video and more on The AllStar YouTube channel.
Dustin “The Diamond” Poirier is a 32 year old male fighter from the United States with 28 pro wins and 6 losses. Poirier is scheduled to fight Charles Oliveira at UFC 269: Oliveira vs. Poirier on Saturday December 11, 2021.
Poirier’s recent form coming into this matchup
Dustin Poirier has gone 4-1 in the last 5 professional MMA fights.
- Win vs Conor McGregor • KO/TKO R1 5:00 • 2021-07-10
- Win vs Conor McGregor • KO/TKO R2 2:32 • 2021-01-23
- Win vs Dan Hooker • Decision R5 5:00 • 2020-06-27
- Loss vs Khabib Nurmagomedov • Submission R3 2:06 • 2019-09-07
- Win vs Max Holloway • Decision R5 5:00 • 2019-04-13
Dustin Poirier’s next opponent: Charles “do Bronx” Oliveira
Charles “do Bronx” Oliveira’s recent form coming into this matchup
Charles “do Bronx” Oliveira is a 32 year old male fighter from Brazil with 31 pro wins and 8 losses. Oliveira is scheduled to fight Dustin Poirier at UFC 269: Oliveira vs. Poirier on Saturday December 11, 2021.
Charles Oliveira has gone 5-0 in the last 5 professional MMA fights.
- Win vs Michael Chandler • KO/TKO R2 0:19 • 2021-05-15
- Win vs Tony Ferguson • Decision R3 5:00 • 2020-12-12
- Win vs Kevin Lee • Submission R3 0:28 • 2020-03-14
- Win vs Jared Gordon • KO/TKO R1 1:26 • 2019-11-16
- Win vs Nik Lentz • KO/TKO R2 2:11 • 2019-05-18
How to watch and bet on Dustin Poirier vs Charles Oliveira
Keep track of all the latest odds and line-movements at our bout page for this matchup.
Use the AllStar’s directory to find the best sportsbooks and recommendations on where to place UFC bets online. If you just want to play for fun, head over to our Fantasy UFC picks app to make your fight predictions for Dustin Poirier vs Charles Oliveira totally FREE.
The AllStar also has a comprehensive UFC betting guide and UFC Odds Comparison tools to help you find the best online betting opportunities.