Masvidal, talking to MMA Fighting, recently implied that the Irishman would want no part of a fight with himself, saying “If he did, he’d post something, he’d say something, he’d probably just insult my mom or some relative of mine, my nation, where I come from, something like that.”
McGregor took to social media to address the comments, before deleting his tweet shortly afterwards.
Masvidal fired back with a one-two not long after.
The AllStar MMA roundup
- UFC 276: “Volk’s got his number” Dan Hooker on Volkanovski-Holloway III
- UFC 276: Check out The AllStar’s Best Bets for UFC 276, curated by resident handicapper Garrett Kerman
- The Original Fight Island: George Hickman of Bangtao Muay Thai & MMA
The best of the rest
- Demetrious Johnson: Henry Cejudo ‘absolutely’ can dethrone UFC champions Aljamain Sterling and Alexander Volkanovski – MMAFighting.com
- Marvin Vettori expects Israel Adesanya trilogy ‘no matter what,’ says he is UFC champ’s ‘only real challenge’ – MMAJunkie.com
- Dana White would love to see Mateusz Gamrot fight Beneil Dariush next – MMAJunkie.com
- Julianna Peña says Taila Santos beat Valentina Shevchenko ‘with one eye’ at UFC 275- BloodyElbow.com
- Luke Rockhold reveals abortion and relationship issues led to UFC return: “It just f*cked me up” – BJPenn.com
Rising UFC lightweight star Terrance McKinney drops his top picks for UFC 276:
The line on a parlay with those three fighters to win currently sits at +563. If you’re curious on the individual odds, here they are, as of press time, from crypto sports book Cloudbet:
Action Man baffled at the UFC rankings… just like the rest of us:
Couple GOATS got something planned:
Stotts blasts Sabatello after their recent run in:
The Weasle with the interesting stats:
Alex Pereira shows off some flash kicks:
Sean Strickland is nervous he might get ‘Gina Carano’d:
The morning view
Herbert Burns drops in for a chat with John Hyon Ko:
UFC 276 Embedded ep. 2 is live:
Dan Hardy breaks down one of the most anticipated fights of UFC 276:
The featherweight champ chops it up on Stylbender’s channel:
- Lauren Murphy to fight Miesha Tate at UFC Long Island on 16th of July (per Ariel Helwani)
- Jared Vanderaa to fight Chase Sherman at UFC Vegas 58 on 9th of July
On this day in MMA…
On June 29, 2001, at UFC 32: Showdown in the Meadowlands a 22-year-old Andre Arlovski would suffer his first defeat in the UFC at the hands of Ricco Rodriguez.
Rodriguez mounted Arlovski early in round one and rained down strikes until the referee stepped in at 1:23 of the first round.
Arlovski is now, 21 years later, riding a four-fight win streak in the promotion at 43 years old.
Here’s the best media I could find showing that fight.