Does Whittaker get the job done?
Daukaus on why he believes Whittaker will defeat Adesanya:
“That first fight he came out too aggressive and too guns blazing. In my honest opinion, he didn’t look like himself. Adesanya might have gotten into his head. I think he’s motivated even more now obviously because he lost and he gets to fight him again. I think Whittaker will get the job done. He will be the first person to beat Adesanya at middleweight. Just as long as he stays composed, uses his boxing, and uses his grappling.
“I think that not so much as the wrestling but the offensive cagework that Whittaker needs to do. I think that’s kinda Adesanya’s kryptonite is a guy that can really grind you against the cage. Not get hit too many times striking-wise, close that distance, put you against the cage and just grind you. Like a Khabib-style beats Adesanya.”
Israel “The Last Stylebender” Adesanya is a 32 year old male fighter from Nigeria with 21 pro wins and 1 loss. Adesanya is scheduled to fight Robert Whittaker at UFC 271: Adesanya vs. Whittaker 2 on Saturday February 12, 2022.
Adesanya’s recent form coming into this matchup
Adesanya has gone 4-1 in the last 5 professional MMA fights.
- Win vs Marvin Vettori • Decision R5 5:00 • 2021-06-12
- Loss vs Jan Błachowicz • Decision R5 5:00 • 2021-03-06
- Win vs Paulo Costa • KO/TKO R2 3:59 • 2020-09-26
- Win vs Yoel Romero • Decision R5 5:00 • 2020-03-07
- Win vs Robert Whittaker • KO/TKO R2 3:33 • 2019-10-05
Israel Adesanya’s next opponent: Robert “The Reaper” Whittaker
Robert “The Reaper” Whittaker’s recent form coming into this matchup
Whittaker is a 31 year old male fighter from Australia with 23 pro wins and 5 losses. Whittaker is scheduled to fight Israel Adesanya at UFC 271: Adesanya vs. Whittaker 2 on Saturday February 12, 2022.
Whittaker has gone 4-1 in the last 5 professional MMA fights.
- Win vs Kelvin Gastelum • Decision R5 5:00 • 2021-04-17
- Win vs Jared Cannonier • Decision R3 5:00 • 2020-10-24
- Win vs Darren Till • Decision R5 5:00 • 2020-07-25
- Loss vs Israel Adesanya • KO/TKO R2 3:33 • 2019-10-05
- Win vs Yoel Romero • Decision R5 5:00 • 2018-06-09
How to watch and bet on Israel Adesanya vs Robert Whittaker
Keep track of all the latest odds and line-movements at our bout page for this matchup.
Use the AllStar’s directory to find the best sportsbooks and recommendations on where to place UFC bets online. If you just want to play for fun, head over to our Fantasy UFC picks app to make your fight predictions for Israel Adesanya vs Robert Whittaker totally FREE.