It seems fans will have to wait a little longer to see Darren Till’s UFC return.
A report emerged yesterday from UFC broadcast partner ESPN that the English middleweight has been forced out of his UFC London bout opposite Jack Hermansson due to an unspecified injury.
The promotion scrambled to find a replacement for the co-main event, with a slew of fighters throwing their name in the proverbial hat. Chris Curtis is the one that stuck.
Curtis is undefeated in his current UFC run, having won eight fights in a row – his last three inside the promotion. ‘The Action Man’s last defeat came in 2019 at PFL #7, where he lost twice in the one night after stepping in to replace an injured fighter after his own scheduled bout.
The AllStar MMA roundup
- UFC Vegas 58: “Give him an opportunity to quit in there” Cody Brundage on Tresean Gore at UFC Vegas 58
- Fine Dining with Fighters: Uyen Ha and Jada Ketley sit down with John Hyon Ko for a chat
- DWCS: Wrestling prodigy Bo Nickal to compete on Dana White’s Contender Series
The best of the rest
- Israel Adesanya warns media to be ‘mindful’ with their words: ‘I could do your job, you can’t do mine’ – MMAMania.com
- Jędrzejczyk Backs Zhang Title Shot, Suggests Esparza “Might Be Scared” – MMANews.com
- How much does Kayla Harrison make in PFL? Georgia commission releases recent show purse – MMAJunkie.com
- Gilbert Burns’ plans include Jorge Masvidal then a Khamzat Chimaev rematch – MMAJunkie.com
- Conor McGregor blasts Rafael Fiziev after online argument: “You are yet to do anything significant in this sport” – BJPenn.com
Rising UFC lightweight star Terrance ‘T-wrecks’ McKinney let us know how he see’s the UFC Vegas 58 main event playing out. He’s high on the younger Rafael.
Fiziev currently sits as the slight favorite on Crypto sports book Cloudbet:
Rafael Dos Anjos (31-13) vs Rafael Fiziev (11-1)
Conor and Fiziev trade barbs:
Burns wanted on the London card:
Chandler is ‘easy money’ for Makhachev:
Jones lashes out at Francis and Izzy:
Francis in the spa with Figgy and Charles:
The morning view
Bryan Barberena on Kamaru Usman and Leon Edwards:
Dan Hardy breaks down the battle of the Rafaels:
Kickboxing legend Gabriel Varga previews IZZY vs Pereira III:
Chael discusses ‘250 pound’ Stipe:
- Nassourdine Imavov to fight Joaquin Buckley at UFC Paris on September 3 (per La Sueur)
- David Onama back on the UFC Vegas 58 this weekend taking on late replacement FAC BW champion Garrett Armfield at featherweight (per @shayhandicappin on Twitter)
- Ariane Lipski to fight Pricilla Cachoeira at UFC Vegas 59 on August 6 (per MMA Fighting)
On this day in MMA…
On July 7th, 2016, ‘The Underground King’ Eddie Alvarez defeated Rafael dos Anjos to win the UFC lightweight title.
Alvarez, the moderate underdog that night, stopped dos Anjos at 3:49 of the first round with punches.