Jake Paul took aim at UFC president Dana White following his defeat of MMA legend Anderson Silva this past weekend inside the boxing ring.
Silva had agreed to help spearhead an MMA fighters union (a prospect White is vehemently against) with Paul if he lost to the 25-year-old to help increase fighter rights and pay. Ultimately, the veteran dropped an eight-round decision to the younger fighter in the headliner of the Showtime pay-per-view event.
With the wheels of the aforementioned plan now seemingly in motion, Paul claims White is currently in hiding to avoid any potential fallout stemming from the wager.
“Dana? Dana? Dana? Bro, you said I wouldn’t do this, and I did it.” Paul said exclaimed at his post-fight press conference. “And with flying colors. But, you know, he’s in hiding. He’s trying to do everything he can to stop my run, to sabotage my fights. He hates me, he hates what I’m doing, he hates that I am exposing his business. Now, you know, we’re going to band together and create a United Fighters Association to help UFC fighters – all MMA fighters and boxers – to get more fighter pay and long-term healthcare. That’s a big, big undertaking that I’ve been wanting to do for the whole entire time of my career.”
“I want to make a fighters union. So, man, Dana White can suck this dick.”
The AllStar MMA roundup
- UFC Vegas 63: The AllStar MMA Live Reaction, Recap with Josh Culibao
- Roxanne Modafferi: My experience as a UFC fighter in Abu Dhabi
- Feature: Are UFC fans inconsiderate? ‘You lose. You suck’
The best of the rest
- Anderson Silva laments ‘stupid’ strategy fail in Jake Paul loss, but will fight on: ‘I can’t stop’ – MMAFighting.com
- Arnold Allen says it’s hard to say who deserves interim title fight: ‘Everyone’s getting dodgy wins’ – MMAJunkie.com
- Cain Velasquez petition for writ of habeas corpus denied by California appellate court – MMAJunkie.com
- Askar Askarov requests release, says he ‘received positive response’ – BloodyElbow.com
- Jake Paul opens as huge betting favorite over Nate Diaz for potential boxing match – MMAFighting.com
Jake Paul sets his eyes on his next target:
How everyone felt about the UFC Vegas 63 judging:
Cejudo stakes his claim to an interim belt:
Cody Garbrandt lashes out at TJ Dillashaw:
Islam Makhachev leaks footage of him getting the upper hand on DC:
Belal makes a good point:
Hangman is ready to go for UFC 281:
Just Sean Strickland things:
The morning view
Josh Culibao discusses what’s next for fellow featherweight Arnold Allen:
Jack Della talks his upcoming fight opposite Danny Roberts:
The Weasle details Calvin Kattar’s injury and what’s next for both men:
Alexander Volkanovski talks UFC 284 and Islam Makhachev:
- Ion Cutelaba to fight Kennedy Nzechukwu at UFC Vegas 65 on November 19th (per MMA Junkie)
On this day in MMA…
On the 31st of October, 2020, Anderson Silva competed in his final UFC bout at UFC Fight Night 181 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada.
‘The Spider’ would face TUF veteran Uriah Hall in his curtain call under the promotion, entering the contest as a sizeable +220 underdog. The bookies had the lines about right.
In the fourth round of the Fight Night main event, after sitting Silva down to end the third, Hall found a counter right hook as the Brazilian pressured him toward the fence, and the end came soon after.
Following the finish, the pair emotionally paid their respects to one another in the center of the Octagon. The end of an era – possibly the greatest mixed martial artist of all time farewelled in an empty arena. Such is the sport of mixed martial arts.