Freshly crowned UFC light heavyweight king, Jiri Prochazka, wants to run back the all-action affair with Glover Teixeira that won him the 205-pound crown.
The Czech ‘samurai’ took to social media yesterday, replying to fighting words leveled at him by top contender Jan Blachowicz, and announced his desire for a rematch with Teixeira at UFC 282 in Las Vegas on December 10.
“I never promised you our fight @JanBlachowicz I just said you are the challange what I want to Cut. Second thing is, I am still waiting for answer from @gloverteixeira. If you’re not interested, let me know. I want to fight till the end of this year. No matter who,” ‘Denisa’ wrote in aTwitter post, before offering up a time and place to settle the score with Texeira.
As it stands that pay-per-view card, hosted at the T-Mobile Arena, is yet to receive any fight announcements. A rematch of the year’s most exciting fight may fit nicely into the main event slot.
The AllStar MMA roundup
- Inside Scoop: How do MMA contracts work? An insider’s take
- UFC San Diego: Dominick Cruz needs to show a ‘new feather in his cap’ in order to get past Marlon Vera, says Dan Hooker
- UFC San Diego: Ode Osbourne says ‘I’ll do what I want to do’ regardless of Tyson Nam’s gameplan
The best of the rest
- UFC announces new broadcast deals for Brazil; UFC 283 set for Jan. 21 in Rio de Janeiro – MMAFighting.com
- Kayla Harrison pleads for Cris Cyborg ‘winner take all’ fight, invites her to ‘juice to the gills’ – MMAFighting.com
- UFC on ESPN 41’s Dominick Cruz is ‘gunning for a championship’ with a revamped state of mind – MMAjunkie.com
- It’d be ‘very interesting’ – Rose Namajunas open to moving up for Valentina Shevchenko title bout – BloodyElbow.com
- Taila Santos accused of not paying team, claims ‘abusive’ deals – MMAMania.com
PFL Founder Donn Davis is willing to spend big bucks on Kayla Harrison vs Cris Cyborg:
The Nose with some middleweight news:
Gilbert Burns wants on the recently announced UFC Brazil card:
Alex Pereira walks around at heavyweight:
DC’s upset with the media:
Is Bryce Mitchell the best salesman in the UFC?:
Is Blood Diamond making an appearance at UFC Paris?:
The morning view
Charlie Ontiveros recounts the PTSD suffered after a brutal neck injury inside the cage:
Paddy The Baddy on why there aren’t more Muay Thai fighters in the UFC:
The Count previews the third meeting between Israel Adesanya and Alex Pereira:
- Roman Dolidze will fight Phil Hawes at UFC event on October 29th (per Sentanta Sports)
- Tagir Ulanbekov to fight Nate Maness at UFC event on November 5th (per James Lynch)
- Ricardo Ramos to fight Danny Henry at UFC Paris on September 3rd (per Paradigm Sports)
- Tony Gravely to fight Javid Basharat at UFC event on September 17th (per Farah Hannoun)
- Eryk Anders to fight Kyle Daukaus at UFC event on December 3rd (per Iridium Sports)
- Christian Rodriguez to fight Garrett Armfield at UFC event on October 29th (per Marcel Dorff)
- Mana Martinez to fight Brandon Davis at UFC event on October 15th (per Iridium Sports)
- Armen Petrosyan to fight AJ Dobson at UFC 280 on October 22nd (per MMA Fight Universe)
- Kleydson Rodrigues to fight Vinicius Salvador at UFC event on October 29th (per Raphael Marinho/Combate)
- Abubakar Nurmagomedov to fight Gadzhi Omargadzhiev at UFC 280 on October 22nd (per Red Fury MMA)
- Cody Garbrandt to fight Rani Yahya at UFC event on October 1st (per Alex Behunin)
On this day in MMA…
On the 11th of August, 2012, a baby-faced Max Holloway would score his first finish since entering the UFC, at UFC 150 in Denver Colorado.
Holloway dispatched of an undefeated (4-0) Justin Lawrence at the end of the second round with a body punch followed up by ground and pound along the fence.