Former UFC bantamweight champion Petr Yan is having trouble getting paired at 135 pounds.
The master of boxing put out a call on social media earlier this week, looking for an opponent later this year – but seemingly found no takers.
He tried his luck again this morning on Twitter, but with a little more specificity this time around.
125-pound champ Deiveson Figueiredo, who has yet to respond to that callout, has been teasing a move up in divisions referencing his disdain at the scheduled interim flyweight title bout between Brandon Moreno and Kai Kara France at UFC. It’s currently unclear if this suggested move is legitimate, or some sort of leverage ploy from Figueiredo against the UFC.
The AllStar MMA roundup
- Loma Lookboonmee vs Diana Belbita in the works for Sept. 17: Sources
- Recap The AllStar’s Best Bets with Garrett Kerman to prepare for the weekend ahead
- Road to UFC: Women’s MMA pioneer reflects on her journey to the Octagon
The best of the rest
- Rogerio Bontorin released by UFC, plans bantamweight move – MMAFighting.com
- Donald Cerrone replaces Bobby Green, fights Jim Miller in rematch at UFC 276 – MMAJunkie.com
- Mackenzie Dern wants interim UFC title fight vs. Zhang Weili with Carla Esparza injured – MMAJunkie.com
- Kaitlin Young replaces injured Julia Budd, faces Kayla Harrison in 2022 PFL 6 main event – MMAMania.com
- Khamzat Chimaev pictured training with Darren Till’s UFC London opponent Jack Hermansson – BloodyElbow.com
Our resident handicapper, Garrett Kerman, is back today with another hot tip from The AllStar’s Best Bets. This time Garrett has a take on a fight that’s seen the odds swap in the last few days, between City Kickboxing’s Carlos Ulberg and Tafon ‘Da Don’ Nchukwi.
Here’s a quick look at the line movement on that fight from the last week. Ulberg, after opening a slight favorite has fallen to become a slight dog on crypto sportsbook Cloudbet:
And the odds as they stand to close out the working week:
Paulo Costa shows off:
Ariel and Darren Till go back and forth – until The Nose goes scorched earth:
Sean Strickland gets some rounds in with heavyweight legend Roy Nelson:
The morning view
The lads from The AllStar’s Propping You Up give you their tips for this weekend’s UFC card:
John Hyon Ko chops it up with Josh Emmett after his win last weekend:
Chael on the rumoured Makhachev vs Oliviera fight:
- Irene Aldana to fight Macy Chiasson at UFC 279 on September 10th (per Carlos Contreras Legaspi/ESPN Deportes)
- Melissa Gatto to fight Gillian Robertson at September 17th UFC event (per Ag. Fight)
- Loma Lookboonme to fight Diana Belbita at September 17th UFC event (per John Hyon Ko)
- Marcin Tybura to fight Alexandr Romanov at UFC 278 on August 20th (per UFC)
- Amir Albazi to fight Francisco Figueiredo at UFC 278 on August 20th (per UFC)
- Lucie Pudilova to fight Wu Yanan at UFC 278 on August 20th (per UFC)
- AJ Fletcher to fight Ange Loose at UFC 278 on August 20th (per UFC)
- Leonardo Santos to fight Jared Gordon at UFC 278 on August 20th (per UFC)
- Dominick Cruz to fight Chito Vera at UFC San Diego on August 13th (Per Carlos Legaspi/ESPN Deportes)
- Nasrat Haqparast to fight John Makdessi at UFC Paris on September 3rd (per Marcel Dorff)
- Shamil Gamzatov to fight Misha Cirkunov at August 6th UFC event (per MMA Fight Universe)
- Randy Costa to fight Guido Cannetti at October 1st UFC event (per Carlos Legaspi/ESPN Deportes)
On this day in MMA…
On June 24, 2006, Micheal Bisping became The Ultimate Fighter season three winner when he stopped Josh Haynes with strikes in the second round of their finals bout.
Bisping would go on to have a storied career becoming the first, and so far only Brit to win UFC gold.