Charles Oliveira is on his way to Abu Dhabi ahead of UFC 280.
Despite Islam Makhachev’s comments on social media that Oliveira would be a ‘no-show’ at the highly anticipated event, the Brazilian posted photo evidence assuring that he was taking off on Saturday for the UAE, where he hopes to regain his UFC lightweight title.
“Calm down, dad is coming. Hello Abu Dhabi,” Oliveira wrote in response to the protege of Khabib Nurmagomedov in a post on Instagram.
“Take off UFC 280,” he wrote on another.
Both Alexander Volkanovski and Beneil Dariush have stated that they would be in attendance at the event should anything prevent either Makhachev or Oliveira from making their walk to the Octagon.
The AllStar MMA roundup
- UFC Vegas 62: Mike Jackson eyes a statement finish after ‘cheating ass’ Dean Barry sullied prior win
- UFC Vegas 62: Brandon Davis: The fighter who scrapped his way back into the UFC on one good knee
- Return: Casey O’Neill hints at March return, teases change in divisions
- Breakdown: Johnny Eblen doesn’t feel Alex Pereira possesses “crafty” Israel Adesanya’s kryptonite
- Breakdown: Islam Makhachev is like Khabib Nurmagomedov but with better striking, says Matt Frevola
The best of the rest
- Sean O’Malley: Impressive win over Petr Yan at UFC 280 is one step closer to ‘Conor level’ stardom – MMAFighting.com
- Bellator signs 2019 PFL heavyweight champion and Olympian Ali Isaev – MMAJunkie.com
- Glory Collision 4 results: Alistair Overeem wins Badr Hari trilogy after explosive third round – MMAJunkie.com
- Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine earns BJJ brown belt at 61-years-old – BloodyElbow.com
- Sherdog Fight Finder Files: Reassessing Arman Petrosyan’s record – Sherdog.com
The real reason Kevin Holland called it quits on retirement:
Tai Tuivasa teases his next fight:
Suga Sean ‘acclimatising’ in Abu Dhabi ahead of UFC 280:
John Morgan has the tables turned:
Jared Gordon in his past life:
Bryce Mitchell clears the air:
The morning view
JHK Catches up with Josh Fremd:
Dan Hardy breaks down Alexa Grasso vs Viviane Araujo:
MMA On Point details the sketchy history of fixed MMA fights:
Paddy the Baddy takes over Arnie-fest:
- Geoff Neal will fight Shavkat Rakhmonov at UFC Vegas 67 on January 14th (per Brett Okamoto)
- Paul Craig to fight Johnny Walker at UFC 283 on January 21st (per AG. Fight)
- Jailton Almeida will fight Maxim Grishin at UFC Vegas 64 on November 5th (per Laerte Viana)
- Joanderson Brito replaces M. Baghdasaryan to fight Lucas Alexander at UFC Vegas 62 on October 15th (per Nolan King)
On this day in MMA…
On the 10th of October, 2006, Tito Ortiz finished Ken Shamrock with strikes in the main event of UFC: The Final Chapter in Hollywood, Florida.
The pair had met twice before, the most recent of which took place just two months prior to the event. All three bouts ended in finishes in favor of Ortiz.
Ortiz would go on to challenge Chuck Liddell in their rematch in his following fight while Shamrock, who fought up until 2016, would never again defeat an opponent with a winning record.
Charles your the king u have gods blessings your the best in world u know it the world knows it love u keep it up if u know about the power iam talki about your the best fighter in the world doesn’t matter what other people say stay with God love you Charles Olivera do Bronx best fighter in the world