The rivalry has evolved from Costa posting Twitter memes to the Brazilian now asserting he was the reason behind Chimaev’s infamous eight-pound weight miss the day before the UFC 279 pay-per-view was to take place. `Borrachinha’ believes he’s living rent free in Chimaev’s head.
“Chimaev, because he’s on [a] high,” Costa told Ariel Helwani on The MMA Hour yesterday. “I stole some of his high. I stole his sleep, I stole his cap, I stole his main event fight. I stole everything.”
Not happy with stealing just some of the shine off `Borz,’ Costa suggested putting all the marbles on the line inside the cage at 185-pounds.
“Chiamaev, you need to do something, motherf*****,” he continued. “I stole everything that you had. Your hat, I stole your night’s sleep, I stole your weigh-in. You are disturbed, so crazy. ‘I cannot do this, I will die.’ So I think I need to fight that guy.”
The AllStar MMA roundup
- UFC Vegas 61: Mackenzie Dern eyes ‘big opening’ in Yan Xiaonan’s ground game exposed by Carla Esparza
- UFC 281: Matt Frevola disappointed with new UFC contract, out to prove his worth at UFC 281
- Road to UFC: Previewing the “Road to UFC” semifinals, announced for the weekend of UFC 280 in Abu Dhabi
The best of the rest
- ‘I’m just thankful, man’: Joe Pyfer shares suicidal thoughts, abusive past he overcame before UFC debut win – MMAFighting.com
- 17-year-old Raul Rosas Jr. details beating up grown men, acquiring special license to compete for UFC contract as a minor – MMAJunkie.com
- UFC’s Marlon Vera responds to Cory Sandhagen’s callout: ‘If he wants it, he can get it’ – MMAJunkie.com
- Cory Sandhagen says Henry Cejudo shouldn’t get bantamweight title shot: ‘Why would the UFC do that?’ – MMAFighting.com
- Henry Cejudo tells Khamzat Chimaev ‘get your sh-t together’ if you want to make 170 again – BloodyElbow.com
The AllStar’s own JHK gets some rounds in with UFC light heavyweight Da Un Jung:
Robocop reacts to his battlewound:
As does Yadong:
Alex Pereira and Glover Teixeira go at it in sparring:
Paulo becomes a barber live on the MMA Hour:
Chris Curtis on why MMA retirements never last:
The morning view
Chris Daukaus shares his opinion on The Rocks’s shoes
JHK chops it up with Dakota Bush ahead of FAC 16:
Dan Hardy previews Superbon vs Chingiz Allazov:
A day in the life of Suga Sean:
- none to note
- Jarzinho Rozenstruik vs Chris Daukaus rescheduled for UFC 282 on December 10th (per Nolan King)
On this day in MMA…
On the 20th of September, 2014, Mark Hunt earned a performance of the night bonus when he knocked out Roy Nelson in the second round of their main event bout at UFC Fight Night 52 in Saitama, Japan.
This remains the only time Roy Nelson’s legendary chin was cracked inside the UFC.