Appearing at the UFC 275 media day in Singapore, the 29-year-old told reporters that he is confident he can wrestle with Teixeira, and even finish the Brazilian jiujitsu artist on the ground if needed.
The AllStar MMA roundup
- UFC 275: Glover Teixeira believes Israel Adesanya will avoid fighting former kickboxing rival Alex Pereira
- Opinion: Are UFC fighters entertainers? An insider’s view by Roxanne Modafferi
- UFC 275: Ramona Pascual promises a more composed performance, but still hoping to take Edwards head off
- UFC 275: Batgerel Danaa won’t be head hunting Kyung Ho Kang but will take any opportunity given
- Road to UFC: Hyun Sung Park aims to make Korean history by winning ‘Road To UFC’
The best of the rest
- Dana White ‘sold’ on a Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson TUF season: ‘I will absolutely entertain that idea’ – MMAFighing.com
- Dana White: Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Zhang Weili 2 winner will ‘definitely’ fight for UFC title next, not Marina Rodriguez – MMAFighting.com
- Joe Rogan’s genius idea to fix MMA judging is to … use the current scoring criteria? – MMAJunkie.com
- Paulo Costa demands public apology from the nurse he allegedly elbowed: “Or else legal actions may be necessary” – BJPenn.com
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk: Zhang Weili is ‘not the same’ after epic first fight – MMAMania.com
Eddie Barraco, head striking coach at the award-winning Xtreme Couture gym in Las Vegas, gives his insight into this weekend’s main event between Glover Teixeira and Jiri Prochazka. He’s not convinced the Brazilian’s age is as much of a liability as the odds are suggesting.
Can the ‘old bull’ pull off the upset win? Market odds between the pair have been drifting apart, with some slightly heavier action coming in yesterday morning on Prochazka, separating the lines further on crypto sports book Cloudbet:
Glover Teixeira to win
Catch The AllStar’s Best Bets of UFC 275, curated by our resident handicapper Garrett Kerman, for more wagering tips
The morning view
Check out the latest installment of the Fight or Flight vlog with MMA Reporter John Hyon Ko, as he prepares to take an amateur fight – UFC heavyweight contender Tai Tuivasa makes an appearance.
UFC featherweight champ Alexander Volkanovski gives his assessment of the landscape ahead of UFC 275
UFC 275 Embedded continues with episode 2
Paddy Pimblett’s coach talks about his weight fluctuations with Jordan Sullivan on The Fight Dietician Performance Podcast
Casey O’Neill seems unimpressed with new TUF talent so far.
Tony Ferguson taking shots at Khabib again.
Khabib’s manager Ali Abdelaziz still isn’t letting the McGregor beef simmer down.
On this day in MMA…
On June 8th, 2019, Olympic gold medalist and UFC flyweight champion, Henry Cejudo, became the third man to become a ‘double champ’ in the promotion, when he stoped Marlon Moraes with strikes in the third round to claim the vacant UFC Bantamweight title.