Paddy Pimblett has come out in defence of the UFC’s fighter pay system – fresh off the back of signing a new, big money contract just last month.
‘The Baddy’ appeared on The Overlap alongside teammate Molly McCann ahead of their feature bouts at UFC London this Saturday – and when the conversation broached Dana White’s treatment of fighters under his employ, Pimblett was quick to voice his thoughts on the matter.
“People moan about the wages and that, but they’re either a boring fighter, or got no personality, you know what I mean? It’s always stuff like that,” Pimblett said. “They never, like, go; ‘Ah, yeah. It’s my own fault,’ or ‘I’m a boring bastard,’ you know what I mean? Some people can’t talk on a mic but they’re boss in the cage – and it shows.”
“I always say, you’ve got to have the whole package.”
The AllStar MMA roundup
- UFC London: Charles Rosa wants to knock Nathaniel Wood ‘back down to bantamweight’
- UFC 277: Blood Diamond aims for a more patient approach against Orion Cosce
- Opinion: Pandemic era MMA: How one UFC fighter survived Covid
The best of the rest
- Alexander Volkanovski doesn’t mind UFC making interim featherweight belt: ‘It will just make for a bigger fight’ – MMAFighting.com
- Dustin Jacoby: Alex Pereira is ‘hands down’ hardest puncher I’ve ever fought, ‘just hits different’ – MMAFighting.com
- Nate Diaz’s UFC contract has upcoming expiration date – MMAJunkie.com
- UFC 277 hit with multitude of withdrawals. Here’s where the card stands less than two weeks away – MMAJunkie.com
- Michelle Waterson-Gomez ‘gutted’ after loss to Amanda Lemos at UFC Long Island – BloodyElbow.com
Markets presented by Crypto sports book Cloudbet:
Curtis Blaydes (16-3) vs Tom Aspinall (12-2)
Chris Curtis (29-8) vs Jack Hermansson (22-7)
Chandler still chasing the Diaz fight:
Miesha Tate reflects on her recent loss:
Josh Culibao isn’t convinced Makhachev beats Oliveira:
Jessica Rose on the best moment of her life… before it ended in injury:
Big mouth wants some new ice:
The morning view
Interim title contender Kai Kara France chops it up with JHK ahead of UFC 277:
Former TUF alum discuss their time on the program over drinks and a feed:
Luke Thomas highlights some standout performances from UFC Vegas 58:
- Justin Tafa out, Don’Tale Mayes to fight Hamdy Abdelwahab at UFC 277 on July 30th (per ESPN)
- Charles Oliveira to fight Islam Makhachev at UFC 280 on October 22nd (per UFC)
- J.Andrade out, Katlyn Chookagian back in to fight Manon Fiorot at UFC Paris on September 3rd (per UFC)
On this day in MMA…
On the 19th of July, 2014 Conor McGregor would compete in his first UFC Main Event at UFC Fight Night 46: McGregor vs Brandao held in Dublin, Ireland.
McGregor would finish the fight with punches at 4:05 of the first round, earning him the Performance of the Night bonus.
It was kind of a big deal: