UFC middleweight Uriah Hall has decided to hang up the gloves after 17 years in mixed martial arts.
The Ultimate Fighter season 17 finalist announced his decision to retire this morning to the world on social media.
“It is with great sadness that I will be stepping away from the greatest sport in the world. I’m going to miss the incredible UFC staff that has became like family and the mentors I have met along the way,” Hall wrote on an Instagram post.
He went on to thank his fans, team, and coaches; along with UFC president Dana White for giving him the opportunity to ‘collide with modern-day gladiators’. Hall exits the sport with a record of 17-11 amassed over 17 years.
The AllStar MMA roundup
- Inside Scoop: How do MMA contracts work? An insider’s take
- UFC 278: AJ Fletcher says Ange Loosa has openings – “I get him out of there in one”
- UFC 278: It’s hard for Jay Perrin to feel threatened by Aoriqileng when ‘he’s been sat down by flyweights’
The best of the rest
- DWCS Season 6, Week 3 results: Bo Nickal smokes opponent, not yet awarded contract – MMAFighting.com
- Sean O’Malley doesn’t think Petr Yan will try to wrestle at UFC 280, expects ‘sweet kickboxing match’ – MMAJunkie.com
- ‘Stuart Little’ star Jonathan Lipnicki uses MMA to protect Orthodox Jews in LA – BloodyElbow.com
- Paulo Costa leaves manager Wallid Ismail ahead of UFC 278 fight, now represented by his girlfriend – MMAMania.com
- Texas judge responds to Joe Rogan, UFC 277 commentary team with explainer on score for Don’Tale Mayes – MMAFighting.com
Trouble is brewing at light-heavyweight:
TKZ shares the destruction of his gym due to the floods in South Korea:
Tony Ferguson gets some work in at Jackson Wink:
Terrance McKinney finds a new source of motivation in his new-born son:
MMA Twitter’s take on Bo Nickal being lumped with another Dana White’s Contender Series fight:
Jared Vanderaa finds himself in the oddest circumstances:
The morning view
Get Dan Hooker’s take on the upcoming bantamweight clash between Petr Yan and Sean O’Malley:
JHK chats with Texas prospect Kris Vereen ahead of his B2 Fight Series bout:
Dan Hardy breaks down this weekends UFC main event:
MMA On Point recounts some of the most one-sided masterpieces in the history of the sport:
- Kleydson Rodrigues to fight Vinicius Salvador at UFC event on October 29th (per Raphael Marinho/Combate)
- Abubakar Nurmagomedov to fight Gadzhi Omargadzhiev at UFC 280 on October 22nd (per Red Fury MMA)
- Cody Garbrandt to fight Rani Yahya at UFC event on October 1st (per Alex Behunin)
On this day in MMA…
On the 10th of August, 2019, future UFC heavyweight title contender Cyril Gane made his UFC debut at UFC Fight Night 156.
Gane, who was just 3-0 at the time, would submit 9-0 Raphael Pessoa at 4:12 second into the first round via an arm triangle choke. The Frenchman would continue his winning streak for another six fights, until running into his former training partner Francis N’Gannou.
Recap that win, along with the rest of this potential future world champion’s rise below: